all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* customize-face not working?
@ 2009-04-27 12:29 David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2009-04-27 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel; +Cc: Bob Halley

I wonder if this is a bug (GNU Emacs from Git repo, recent. NS port.):

----
Emacs -Q

(set-face-attribute 'default nil
		    :height 130
		    :family "Lucida Grande")
;; switches default face

(customize-face 'default)
;; switch back manually to Monaco

(make-frame-command)  ;; C-x 5 2
;; the new frame is shown in the Lucida face.  Why?
----

The same thing works as I would expect in Emacs 22.  I would generally
assume that `customize-face' applies to faces in future frames as well.
If this is no bug, I think an entry in NEWS under "Faces" would be
appropriate....

Cc'ing Bob Halley who isolated this (but doesn't think it's a bug).

PS.: text-scale-mode is mentioned twice in NEWS.

* bug#3408: customize-face not working: seems to apply to frame-face
@ 2009-05-28  4:53 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2009-05-28  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Reitter; +Cc: 3408

> Emacs -Q
> (set-face-attribute 'default nil :height 130 :family "Lucida Grande")
> (customize-face 'default)
> (make-frame-command)  ;; C-x 5 2
>
> The same thing works as I would expect in Emacs 22.  I would generally
> assume that `customize-face' applies to faces in future frames as
> well.

Mixing set-face-attribute and Customize is a bad idea in general.