all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Message "Source file newer than byte-compiled file" not logged
       [not found] <3E26DA7001463568@mel-rta8.wanadoo.fr>
@ 2003-02-21 15:36 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2003-02-21 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

"David PONCE" <David.Ponce@wanadoo.fr> writes:

|> Hi,
|>
|> When loading a source file newer than byte-compiled file, using:
|> `(load "LIBRARY" nil t)' or (require 'LIBRARY) the message:
|> "Source file `LIBRARY.el' newer than byte-compiled file" is not
|> written to the message log.

This was introduced as part of this change (revision 1.281):

2002-03-11  Gerd Moellmann  <gerd@gnu.org>

	* lread.c (Fload): Don't assume that message_with_string uses the
	string it is given like a C string.

Gerd, do you remember why you changed that, or was it not deliberate?

Andreas.

SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg

* Re: Message "Source file newer than byte-compiled file" not logged
@ 2003-02-21 16:02   ` Gerd Moellmann
From: Gerd Moellmann @ 2003-02-21 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> writes:

> 2002-03-11  Gerd Moellmann  <gerd@gnu.org>
>
> 	* lread.c (Fload): Don't assume that message_with_string uses the
> 	string it is given like a C string.
>
> Gerd, do you remember why you changed that, or was it not deliberate?

I seem to remember it was a bug fix for something.  I don't remember
much more, sorry.