all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Working with Eglot and QMK
@ 2024-07-26 19:11 Hunter Jozwiak
From: Hunter Jozwiak @ 2024-07-26 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

What is the procedure for getting Eglot to work with my QMK fork? I was
trying to set it up last night, but not really sure where to begin. To
test, I opened up my keymap for the ZSA Moonlander I got recently and
ran eglot, which seemed to open normally. Then, I went over to the
layouts themselves and put point over the LAYOUT macro usage, where I
then ran xref-find-definitions and got   nothing defined for that
identifier. A did a bit of digging and discovered the
generate-compilation-database command for making a
compile-commands.json which is supposed to fix these issues, but eglot
doesn't seem to be using it after I generated it and restarted the
LSP. Is there another step to get things working with clangd?

Thanks,

Hunter

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Working with Eglot and QMK
@ 2024-07-28  6:32 ` Joel Reicher
From: Joel Reicher @ 2024-07-28  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hunter Jozwiak; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz@gmail.com> writes:

> What is the procedure for getting Eglot to work with my QMK
> fork? I was trying to set it up last night, but not really sure
> where to begin. To test, I opened up my keymap for the ZSA
> Moonlander I got recently and ran eglot, which seemed to open
> normally. Then, I went over to the layouts themselves and put
> point over the LAYOUT macro usage, where I then ran
> xref-find-definitions and got   nothing defined for that
> identifier. A did a bit of digging and discovered the
> generate-compilation-database command for making a
> compile-commands.json which is supposed to fix these issues, but
> eglot doesn't seem to be using it after I generated it and
> restarted the LSP. Is there another step to get things working
> with clangd?

I might be missing something, but I can't tell what language you
are expecting support for here.

The clangd language server is for C/C++. Are you saying your
keymap is written in one of those languages?

Cheers,

        - Joel

* Re: Working with Eglot and QMK
@ 2024-07-28  8:35   ` Yuri Khan
From: Yuri Khan @ 2024-07-28  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reicher; +Cc: Hunter Jozwiak, help-gnu-emacs

On Sun, 28 Jul 2024 at 13:33, Joel Reicher <joel.reicher@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz@gmail.com> writes:
>
> I might be missing something, but I can't tell what language you
> are expecting support for here.

The key word is QMK in the subject. QMK is a Free (GPLv2) keyboard
firmware allowing rich customization of the keyboard’s behavior.

It is written in C, but the user-facing configuration interface is
very preprocessor-macro-heavy, which may partially explain the
language server’s struggles the OP is experiencing.

* Re: Working with Eglot and QMK
@ 2024-07-28 13:55 ` Arsen Arsenović
From: Arsen Arsenović @ 2024-07-28 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hunter Jozwiak; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs