storm@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm) writes: > In display.texi (formatted version) we have this: > > | Normally, a `$' in the > | rightmost column of the window indicates truncation; a `\' on the > | rightmost column indicates a line that "wraps" onto the next line, > | which is also called "continuing" the line. (The display table can > | specify alternative indicators; see *Note Display Tables.) > | > | On a graphical display, the `$' and `\' indicators are replaced with > | arrow images displayed in the window fringes (*note Fringes). > > "Normally" ? > > I suggest changing it to: > > | Normally, tiny arrow images > | are displayed in the window fringes to indicate truncated and continued > | lines (*note Fringes). > | > | On a text terminal, a `$' in the rightmost column of the window > | indicates truncation; a `\' on the rightmost column indicates a > | continued line that "wraps" onto the next line. (The display table can > | specify alternative indicators; see *Note Display Tables.) Actually, I am currently on and off on a rampage through display.texi, and my changes include the following (which is enough to do the trick in my book):