all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problem with python mode
@ 2006-03-31 16:27 Leo Liou
From: Leo Liou @ 2006-03-31 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Several times now, when I am editing .py file, inexplicably, the mini
buffer would show "Forced full reparse", CPU spikes to 100%, and never
come out of it. Feels like a infinite loop. I had to kill emacs from
another windows. Anyone have seen this? What is the resolution?

SuSE 	9.1
Emacs 	21.3.1
Py-mode 4.35

Thanks :-)

Leo Liou
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the notion that life is
serious ...

* Re: Problem with python mode
       [not found] <mailman.242.1143822471.2481.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-03-31 19:35 ` Marco Gidde
From: Marco Gidde @ 2006-03-31 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Leo Liou" <leo.liou@centrify.com> writes:

> Several times now, when I am editing .py file, inexplicably, the mini buffer
> would show "Forced full reparse", CPU spikes to 100%, and never come out of
> it. Feels like a infinite loop. I had to kill emacs from another windows.
> Anyone have seen this? What is the resolution?
>
> SuSE    9.1
> Emacs   21.3.1
> Py-mode 4.35

If you are using the sematic package you might take a look into their
mailing list archive. I think there was an issue a few months ago.

Regards,

Marco Gidde