all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Memory leak?
@ 2008-08-02 13:20 Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2008-08-02 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi, Emacs,

in my recent attempts to build Emacs-23, I have encountered Seg-faults
continually.  These occur when the (prototype) Emacs is byte-compiling
the mass of Emacs lisp files.

However, if I just type 'make', the build continues.

My system is Debian-Sarge GNU/Linux.

My first suspicion was that my swap partition was too small.  So I
terminated all competing applications, but that didn't prevent the
problem.

So I suspect there is a store leak somewhere.  Would somebody please
suggest some appropriate tool(s) for me to look at this with.  A graphic
X-Window program continuously displaying allocated/free store is the
sort of thing I'm thinking of.

Thanks!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

* Memory leak?
@ 2008-05-16 20:16 [AvataR]
From: [AvataR] @ 2008-05-16 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Good time of day!

I try to use Org-mode and discover possible memory leak.
When i'm in simple org mode, and press [TAB] for a lot, looks like an
legion of Langoliers eat my memory. In 10-20 seconds emacs uses about
100M of RAM.

But I have only 256! :)

Is it normal behaivour?

Sorry for my ugly english :]