all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Building on OS X
@ 2002-12-26 15:03 Timothy Larkin
From: Timothy Larkin @ 2002-12-26 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have not been able to "make bootstrap" when building Emacs under Mac
OS X 10.2.3, December 2002 developer tools.  All I get is

(cd src;      make  mostlyclean)
Makefile:66: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make: *** [bootstrap-clean-before] Error 2

This error persists even after trashing the entire emacs distribution
and reloading it from Sourceforge.

Can anyone provide me with some insight on what this means or how I
might fix it?

Many thanks,

Tim Larkin
Abstract Tools