all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Formatting of fancy diary entries
@ 2004-04-21 21:44 Rafael Villarroel
From: Rafael Villarroel @ 2004-04-21 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Say I have

(add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display)
(setq diary-list-include-blanks t)
in my .emacs

%%(diary-day-of-year)
%%(diary-phases-of-moon)
in my diary file

Then after M-x diary, I get the following in a separate buffer:

Wednesday, 21 April 2004
========================
Day 112 of 2004; 254 days remaining in the year

How could I get a blank line between ======================== and the
next line? How about getting some kind of separator between that and
some other stuff I would put in my diary file?

thanks in advance,

* Re: Formatting of fancy diary entries
@ 2004-04-22 14:32 ` Edward M. Reingold
From: Edward M. Reingold @ 2004-04-22 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: rvf_lists

    RV> Say I have

    RV> (add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display) (setq
    RV> diary-list-include-blanks t) in my .emacs

    RV> %%(diary-day-of-year) %%(diary-phases-of-moon) in my diary file
    RV> days remaining in the year

    RV> How could I get a blank line between ======================== and the
    RV> next line? How about getting some kind of separator between that and
    RV> some other stuff I would put in my diary file?

Use a line like

    &* * ============

But if you use the sorting hook, you will need to rewrite the sort to put the
line where you want it or it may get moved.
--

Professor Edward M. Reingold                Email: reingold@iit.edu
Chairman, Department of Computer Science    Voice: (312) 567-3309

* Re: Formatting of fancy diary entries
@ 2004-04-23 16:44   ` Rafael Villarroel
From: Rafael Villarroel @ 2004-04-23 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

reingold@emr.cs.iit.edu (Edward M. Reingold) writes:

>     RV> Say I have
>
>     RV> (add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display) (setq
>     RV> diary-list-include-blanks t) in my .emacs
>
>     RV> %%(diary-day-of-year) %%(diary-phases-of-moon) in my diary file
>     RV> days remaining in the year
>
>     RV> How could I get a blank line between ======================== and the
>     RV> next line? How about getting some kind of separator between that and
>     RV> some other stuff I would put in my diary file?
>
> Use a line like
>
>     &* * ============
>
> But if you use the sorting hook, you will need to rewrite the sort to put the
> line where you want it or it may get moved.

Sorry to bother you again, but how exactly do I use that? If the
contents of my diary file are:

&* * ============
%%(diary-day-of-year)
&* * ============
%%(diary-phases-of-moon)
&* * ============

after M-x diary I get exactly the same as if had not included the
&* * ============ lines, no new separators, no new blank lines.

Friday, 23 April 2004
=====================
Day 114 of 2004; 252 days remaining in the year

regards, Rafael

* Re: Formatting of fancy diary entries
@ 2004-04-24  7:53 ` Matthias
From: Matthias @ 2004-04-24  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rafael Villarroel <rvf_lists@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> How could I get a blank line between ======================== and
> the next line? How about getting some kind of separator between that
> and some other stuff I would put in my diary file?

Does the following is correct ?

&%%(progn " ")
&%%(diary-day-of-year)
&%%(diary-phases-of-moon)
&%%(progn t) ---

Regards,
--
Matthias Meulien

* Re: Formatting of fancy diary entries
@ 2004-04-26 14:08   ` Rafael Villarroel
From: Rafael Villarroel @ 2004-04-26 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthias <cimosque@free.fr> writes:

> Rafael Villarroel <rvf_lists@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
>> How could I get a blank line between ======================== and
>> the next line? How about getting some kind of separator between that
>> and some other stuff I would put in my diary file?
>
> Does the following is correct ?
>
> &%%(progn " ")
> &%%(diary-day-of-year)
> &%%(diary-phases-of-moon)