all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* load some code after execute a function
@ 2007-08-21 23:54 someusernamehere
From: someusernamehere @ 2007-08-21 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

This is the question, I want to load some code when I execute a code,
for example, when I execute "erc" this code should be executed:
(require 'bar)
(my-foo-bar)

thanks.

* Re: load some code after execute a function
@ 2007-08-22 14:48 ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2007-08-22 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

someusernamehere <someusernamehere@gmail.com> writes:

> This is the question, I want to load some code when I execute a code,
> for example, when I execute "erc" this code should be executed:
> (require 'bar)
> (my-foo-bar)

That's called a "hook."  Consult the Emacs lisp manual.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

* Re: load some code after execute a function
@ 2007-08-24 21:47 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2007-08-24 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

someusernamehere <someusernamehere@gmail.com> writes:

> This is the question, I want to load some code when I execute a code,
> for example, when I execute "erc" this code should be executed:
> (require 'bar)
> (my-foo-bar)

C-h f defadvice RET

* Re: load some code after execute a function
@ 2007-08-29 17:30 ` Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo
From: Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo @ 2007-08-29 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs