all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tree sitter languages install for 29.1
@ 2023-07-30 17:49 Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2023-07-30 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there a recommended approach to install the grammar files for
popular languages?  I've built Emacs with tree sitter support and
would like to know where to get the grammar files.  All the posts I
see are recommending various github repos.  Is there something that
either treesitter folks recommend or Emacs developers recommend?

sivaram

* Re: tree sitter languages install for 29.1
@ 2023-07-30 18:39 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-07-30 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 23:19:32 +0530
> User-Mail-Address: nsivaram.net@gmail.com
>
> Is there a recommended approach to install the grammar files for
> popular languages?  I've built Emacs with tree sitter support and
> would like to know where to get the grammar files.  All the posts I
> see are recommending various github repos.  Is there something that
> either treesitter folks recommend or Emacs developers recommend?

If your distro doesn't provide the grammar libraries, the only other
source are the Github repositories of the developers of those
libraries.  The tree-sitter developers have several suggestions here:

  https://github.com/tree-sitter

* Re: tree sitter languages install for 29.1
@ 2023-07-31  8:38   ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2023-07-31  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sun, Jul 30 2023,Eli Zaretskii wrote:

[snipped 10 lines]

> If your distro doesn't provide the grammar libraries, the only other
> source are the Github repositories of the developers of those
> libraries.  The tree-sitter developers have several suggestions here:
>
>   https://github.com/tree-sitter

Thanks,  I will try this out.  And thanks for the new release of Emacs 29.1

sivaram