all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* SubEthaEdit style networked editing
@ 2006-03-13 16:21 Shug Boabby
From: Shug Boabby @ 2006-03-13 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,

I have used a program named SubEthaEdit in the past for collaborative
editing of a text file. One computer is designated as the server for
the file, then other users can connect and edit the file... everyone
sees everyone else's edits in realtime in their editor (in different
colours).

This is the most incredible collaborative editing tool I have ever
seen, with only two problems... it is only for the Mac and, most
importantly, it is not Emacs.

Does anyone know of any Emacs packages that accomplish the same thing?
Or has Emacs hit a dead-end in its ability to be extended?

* Re: SubEthaEdit style networked editing
@ 2006-03-16  0:15 David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2006-03-16  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Shug.Boabby

> Thank you David! It is a shame this has not been finished... I
> *really*
> hope these guys do a good job. IMHO Emacs really needs support for
> collaborative editing.

Suppose you could go and help them. It's a collaborative thing :)

[parent not found: <mailman.94.1142468136.9686.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]