all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* lost uidvalidity
@ 2005-01-25 16:37 Sébastien Kirche
       [not found] ` <mailman.15300.1106689590.27204.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Sébastien Kirche @ 2005-01-25 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

while doing some experiment with group parameters on an nnimap group, i have
lost the uidvalidity value.

Now Gnus keeps on getting all headers every time i enter the group.

How to generate a new one ?

Thanks.

--
Sébastien Kirche

* Re: lost uidvalidity
@ 2005-01-25 21:33 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.15300.1106689590.27204.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-01-25 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 25.01.2005 um 17:37 schrieb Sébastien Kirche:

> How to generate a new one ?

Did you do it on Mac OS X? There you have niload or niutil. Something
like 'sudo  -createprop . /passwd/nnimap [the passwd entry for user
nnimap]' should work. nnimap is the key, the remainder is the usual
entry.

--
Greetings

   Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have
others. - Groucho Marx

* Re: lost uidvalidity
       [not found] ` <mailman.15300.1106689590.27204.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-01-25 23:03   ` Sébastien Kirche
From: Sébastien Kirche @ 2005-01-25 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 25 jan 2005, Peter Dyballa a dit :

> Did you do it on Mac OS X? There you have niload or niutil. Something
> like 'sudo  -createprop . /passwd/nnimap [the passwd entry for user
> nnimap]' should work. nnimap is the key, the remainder is the usual
> entry.

Thank you for your solution.

Actually,  i have  lost  the  (uidvalidity .  "big_number")  from the  group
parameters with a syntax error when  editing those parameters on my Mac OS X
at work.

I also  access the same  IMAP server  from home via  nnimap, may I  copy the
uidvalidity parameter from there or must it be different between clients ?

--
Sébastien Kirche