all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* know when a asynchronous process is done
@ 2008-02-09 20:03 Xah Lee
From: Xah Lee @ 2008-02-09 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

How can i know a asynchronous process (started by my elisp) is done?

----
detail:

i want to write a elisp program so that it runs a shell command to
render a pov-ray file. I want the process to run in the background,
but when it is done, open the generated image.

My problem is that i don't know how to code that knows when a
asynchronous process is done.

Thanks in advance.

  Xah
  xah@xahlee.org
∑ http://xahlee.org/^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: know when a asynchronous process is done
@ 2008-02-09 23:45 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2008-02-09 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Xah Lee <xah@xahlee.org> writes:

> How can i know a asynchronous process (started by my elisp) is done?

(info "(elisp) Sentinels")

* Re: know when a asynchronous process is done
@ 2008-02-10  0:31 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2008-02-10  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

--