David Kastrup writes: > Richard Stallman writes: > >> There are two problems here, I think. One is that a desktop was saved >> while loading it was still in progress. >> >> It should be easy to prevent with an explicit test: don't save the >> desktop when in the middle of reading one. Could you write the code >> to do that? > > I think maybe the following would do the trick: I have added another change, since it looks like otherwise we might get a timer leak. I am checking in the following change then, all in all: