David Kastrup writes: > Richard Stallman writes: > >> > If you thing it reasonable that key-binding should also react to >> > bona-fide events _not_ wrapped in an array, I can do this easily >> > enough in the change I am working on. >> >> Please don't make that change. key-binding is supposed to look up a >> sequence of events; it expects that sequence to be in a vector or >> string. There is nothing wrong with that, and no need to change it. >> >> I think we simply had a misunderstanding about what it means to say >> that key-binding can "look up events". In my way of looking at >> things, you give key-binding a vector of events, and what it does is >> "look up events." > > Ok, I'll rework my patch. Ok, here is the complete patch. I also added an optional argument to `command-remapping' (this was required to let `key-binding' do the right thing in the case of mouse events). I removed the `kill-emacs' call if the current frame not live: I can't think of it making much sense in `key-binding'. I also added a changelog entry and tested this with a number of events. Looks clean to me. I would like to check this in soon so that one can make the mouse remapping stuff use it. That should make the `follow-link' property work the same as any remapping.