all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Put yourself on the Emacs map
@ 2007-05-03 11:06 spamfilteraccount
From: spamfilteraccount @ 2007-05-03 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I just discovered the emacs map on Frappr. There is only a single user
in Africa and only a handful in other countries. :)

Vim users according to their map are overpowering us. Can we let that
happen?

http://www.frappr.com/emacs

* Re: Put yourself on the Emacs map
@ 2007-05-03 14:36 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2007-05-03 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"spamfilteraccount@gmail.com" <spamfilteraccount@gmail.com> writes:

> I just discovered the emacs map on Frappr. There is only a single
> user in Africa and only a handful in other countries. :)
>
> Vim users according to their map are overpowering us. Can we let
> that happen?

Flies don't overpower airplanes, either.  The minions of Word blacken
the skies, yet they don't have it within them to take from us the
comfort of the opening parenthesis which comes before us and the
closing one that will come behind us.

The power of an Emacs user rests in his own hand, not in numbers.