all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problem running after installation
@ 2003-03-31 16:11 Harter, Douglas
From: Harter, Douglas @ 2003-03-31 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I got all the following from Sun freeware as packages:

emacs-21.1-sol8-sparc-local      tiff-3.5.7-sol8-sparc-local
jpeg-6b-sol8-sparc-local         xaw3d-1.5-sol8-sparc-local
libgcc-3.2.2-sol8-sparc-local    xpm-3.4k-sol8-sparc-local
libpng-1.2.4-sol8-sparc-local    zlib-1.1.4-sol8-sparc-local
libungif-4.1.0-sol8-sparc-local

I am installing on a Sun Blade 1000. I package installed (using pkgadd) everything in alphabetical order except emacs and then installed emacs. All products said they were installed correctly.

When I run emacs, I get
ld.so.1: emacs: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

There is a libgcc_s.so.1 file in /usr/local/sparcv9 and /usr/local
I tried adding both to PATH and got the same result.

What do I need to do to get emacs to run?

* Re: Problem running after installation
       [not found] <mailman.3896.1049127403.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-03-31 16:28 ` maierh
From: maierh @ 2003-03-31 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Harter, Douglas" <dharter@state.pa.us> writes:

> When I run emacs, I get
> ld.so.1: emacs: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
> Killed
>
> There is a libgcc_s.so.1 file in /usr/local/sparcv9 and /usr/local
> I tried adding both to PATH and got the same result.

You should set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. E.g.
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local

If you have more than one directory that contains shared libs than use
a colon (:) to seperate them, similar to set the PATH environment
variable.

Harald

* RE: Problem running after installation
@ 2003-03-31 16:44 Harter, Douglas
From: Harter, Douglas @ 2003-03-31 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

That did it. Thanks.

Sustainability for PA - It's in Our Hands
http://www.dep.state.pa.us/earthdaycentral/03/