all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Can I ask a Simple question?
@ 2006-10-02 16:31 neil
From: neil @ 2006-10-02 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

We all know that emacs is complicated and hard for novice users.
Especially for someone as slow as me. I have been searching the Internet
for 3 hours and i cannot find the answer.

When i start emacs, i always hold down the shift key and left click my
mouse to get font select. You see, i cannot read the small default font
and need to make it larger. This is the value i always select:

Courier 18

*My Simple Question:* Please show me exactly what line i need to write
into a .emacs configuration file so that this font size is loaded
automatically each time i start up emacs? I know, I am really pathetic at
not knowing this. I really hate having to ask such a simple question.

I only know that it goes something like
(set-default-font "???????"), but cant figure what goes between the "".

Thank you.