"Samuel Wales" writes: > Let's say you do something in shell mode that produces a lot of > output. Normally, you'd use less(1), but that is not possible in > shell mode. > > Ideally, you'd view the output in an emacs buffer, perhaps in text > mode, so that you can edit it and navigate it. > > Is there a way to pipe this output to, say, emacsclient? > > Or -- more sophisticatedly -- is there another solution that uses > shell mode, e.g. to grab the output once it detects that it is a lot > of output, and redirect it into a text mode buffer? > > Obviously if it's an infinite amount of output, it should do what less > does and not use up all memory. > > Google was not my friend. :) > > Thanks. I have something I call emacs-pager, but it will probably not work with infinite output satisfactorily.