I am using a fairly recent version of Emacs, but not the latest one. I was developping some macro in order to create a file from the row of a SES table based on some template. To that purpose I was using the emacs-template pacakge. Attached is a backtrace. It seems that the bug is reproducible for me, I have not yet tried with the -Q option. --- Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce que la protection avast! Antivirus est active. https://www.avast.com/antivirus