all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: simple-wiki-mode and simple-wiki-edit-mode
       [not found] <871y36lymu.fsf@emacswiki.org>
@ 2003-01-22  6:01 ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2003-01-22  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex Schroeder <alex@emacswiki.org> writes:

>      ("\\<[A-ZÄÖÜ]+[a-zäöü]+\\([A-ZÄÖÜ]+[a-zäöü]*\\)+\\>" . font-lock-keyword-face)

What about all the other valid 8bit characters?

> (require 'sgml-mode)

Is it possible to aloow usage of psgml, too?

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o

* Re: simple-wiki-mode and simple-wiki-edit-mode
@ 2003-01-23  0:30   ` Alex Schroeder
From: Alex Schroeder @ 2003-01-23  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:

> Alex Schroeder <alex@emacswiki.org> writes:
>
>>      ("\\<[A-ZÄÖÜ]+[a-zäöü]+\\([A-ZÄÖÜ]+[a-zäöü]*\\)+\\>" . font-lock-keyword-face)
>
> What about all the other valid 8bit characters?

Sure -- but that depends on the wiki you use.  I use simple-wiki mode
for the Emacs Wiki, and my (part German) homepage, and I allow Umlauts
for my German homepage.  I don't even know whether I have enabled
non-ASCII characters for the Emacs Wiki.

Anyway, the point is that you need to adapt this regexp to the wiki
you are contacting.  At the moment, this flexibility is not built into
the code, since I do not know of any other wiki that allows you to
browse plain text representations...

>> (require 'sgml-mode)
>
> Is it possible to aloow usage of psgml, too?

No, because the wiki is not really HTML.  I use sgml-mode only for
sgml-tag (and there again, the tags allowed are based on the wiki, and
I just provide the tags I need and suggest for the Emacs Wiki).  I
also have an extension somewhere (dunno whether I posted it, too)
where I have code that translates ISO entities back into their
characters -- and that uses a table defined in sgml-mode.el.

In short, I requires sgml-mode not because this has anything to do
with SGML, but because I need one or two utilities in that file.

Alex.

* Re: simple-wiki-mode and simple-wiki-edit-mode
@ 2003-01-23 17:46     ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2003-01-23 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex Schroeder <alex@emacswiki.org> writes:

Thanks for your reply!

> Sure -- but that depends on the wiki you use.

Thus far mainly wikipedia, e.g. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emacs (not
written by me, though).  At least, allowing "ß" would be nice ;)

>>> (require 'sgml-mode)
>>
>> Is it possible to aloow usage of psgml, too?
>
> No, because the wiki is not really HTML.  I use sgml-mode only for
> sgml-tag (and there again, the tags allowed are based on the wiki, and
> I just provide the tags I need and suggest for the Emacs Wiki).

Under those circumstances please don't require sgml-mode straight
away.  Better copy the code you need to your project.  Otherwise psgml
will fail sooner or later.  psgml uses the same namespace as sgml-mode,
for historical reasons.

--
Linux frechet 2.4.19-4GB #1 Thu Nov 14 11:46:51 UTC 2002 i686 unknown
  6:26pm  up 69 days,  2:54, 10 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.23, 0.25

* Re: simple-wiki-mode and simple-wiki-edit-mode
@ 2003-01-23 20:04       ` Alex Schroeder
From: Alex Schroeder @ 2003-01-23 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Eichwalder <ke@suse.de> writes:

> Alex Schroeder <alex@emacswiki.org> writes:
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
>> Sure -- but that depends on the wiki you use.
>
> Thus far mainly wikipedia, e.g. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emacs (not
> written by me, though).  At least, allowing "ß" would be nice ;)

Hm, but can you use it for the Wikipedia?  Does the Wikipedia have a
raw mode?

>> No, because the wiki is not really HTML.  I use sgml-mode only for
>> sgml-tag (and there again, the tags allowed are based on the wiki, and
>> I just provide the tags I need and suggest for the Emacs Wiki).
>
> Under those circumstances please don't require sgml-mode straight
> away.  Better copy the code you need to your project.  Otherwise psgml
> will fail sooner or later.  psgml uses the same namespace as sgml-mode,
> for historical reasons.

I am not sure this is the correct fix.  It seems to me that sharing
the same namespace is the real problem.  If you really need this, then
psgml-mode should just (provide 'sgml-mode) as well, and you should
make sure that you load psgml-mode first.

Alex.

* Re: simple-wiki-mode and simple-wiki-edit-mode
@ 2003-01-24 12:39         ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-24 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex Schroeder <alex@emacswiki.org> writes:

> I am not sure this is the correct fix.

It isn't.  It's just a workaround.  But the workaround is necessary.

> It seems to me that sharing the same namespace is the real problem.

Yes.  But changing psgml to use a different prefix is a major job.
It's not difficult, just boring.  Maybe that's why nobody has done
it, yet.  And until it's done, the workaround is necessary...
--
Ambibibentists unite!