all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* underscores in cperl-mode
@ 2003-03-12 21:33 Michael P. Soulier
From: Michael P. Soulier @ 2003-03-12 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Hey people,

    cperl-mode replaces trailing whitespace with underscores in the display.
Is there a way to turn that off?

    Thanks,
    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix

* Re: underscores in cperl-mode
@ 2003-03-13 11:12 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-13 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@storm.ca._nospam> writes:

>     cperl-mode replaces trailing whitespace with underscores in the display.
> Is there a way to turn that off?

Nothing is replaced, the whitespace is just shown underlined.

There is a face for that, turn off underline for that face, and Bob's
your uncle.  Lessee now...  Hm.  I thought there was a face, but I
can't find it!  Does M-x list-faces-display RET show some cperl face
that could be the culprit?

* Re: underscores in cperl-mode
@ 2003-03-13 15:46   ` Michael P. Soulier
From: Michael P. Soulier @ 2003-03-13 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:12:53 +0100, Kai Großjohann
<kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de> wrote:

> Nothing is replaced, the whitespace is just shown underlined.

    Yeah, I assumed, but it's really difficult to tell the difference between
an underlined whitespace and a real trailing underline.

> There is a face for that, turn off underline for that face, and Bob's
> your uncle.  Lessee now...  Hm.  I thought there was a face, but I
> can't find it!  Does M-x list-faces-display RET show some cperl face
> that could be the culprit?

    I'll keep an eye on this thread. I glanced at the cperl-mode code, but a
quick inspection didn't turn it up for me. I'm no elisp expert unfortunately.

    Mike

--

@ 2003-03-13 17:16     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-13 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@storm.ca._nospam> writes:

>     I'll keep an eye on this thread. I glanced at the cperl-mode
> code, but a quick inspection didn't turn it up for me. I'm no elisp
> expert unfortunately.

You can type M-x list-faces-display RET without understanding Lisp.
You can then search that list for "cperl" also without understanding
Lisp.

* Re: underscores in cperl-mode
@ 2003-03-13 20:18     ` Ilya Zakharevich
From: Ilya Zakharevich @ 2003-03-13 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael P. Soulier
<msoulier@storm.ca._nospam>], who wrote in article <slrnb719ut.og.msoulier@tigger.digitaltorque.ca>:
> > Nothing is replaced, the whitespace is just shown underlined.
>
>     Yeah, I assumed, but it's really difficult to tell the difference between
> an underlined whitespace and a real trailing underline.

 C-s SPACE

?

> > There is a face for that, turn off underline for that face, and Bob's
> > your uncle.  Lessee now...  Hm.  I thought there was a face, but I
> > can't find it!  Does M-x list-faces-display RET show some cperl face
> > that could be the culprit?
>
>     I'll keep an eye on this thread. I glanced at the cperl-mode code, but a
> quick inspection didn't turn it up for me. I'm no elisp expert unfortunately.
??? Go to the menu, or directly to customization.

Hope this helps,
Ilya