all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* reading the C source of Emacs
@ 2003-01-11 17:03 Oliver Scholz
From: Oliver Scholz @ 2003-01-11 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have just taught myself the very first baby steps of C. I want to
read and understand the C sources of Emacs.

Not surprisingly I am pretty lost. What is a good starting point to
read those sources? Is there any recommended order of reading?

Does anyone have any other recommendations on how to proceed? Can
anyone -- for example -- recommend a shorter and simpler program whose
sources are well documented and that I could study as a training
before I try to read the Emacs sources? I am not interested in C
programming in general, I just want to understand Emacs, if this is
possible for me at all.

    Oliver
--
22 Nivôse an 211 de la Révolution