all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Some racism in emacs!
@ 2003-06-01  6:05 Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2003-06-01  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm wondering  why when I compile  a .el file,  the byte-compiler does
not issue any warning about my  use of functions from ring.el such as:
make-ring or ring-insert?

Well, actually what's  bothering me is these nasty,  racist messages I
get from the byte-compiler:

Warning: Function `gensym' from cl package called at runtime
Warning: Function `subseq' from cl package called at runtime
etc...

I can't see the difference between the functions defined in
emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl.el and those defined in
emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/ring.el
Can you?

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality.