all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* compiling emacs21
@ 2003-04-15 17:32 Bruce Park
From: Bruce Park @ 2003-04-15 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to compile emacs21 so that it looks more like emacs20. For
example, I don't want to use xaw3dg for the scroll bar. and I don't want
fringing when using emacs in X.

* Re: compiling emacs21
       [not found] <mailman.4661.1050427966.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-04-16 14:48 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-16 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Bruce Park" <bpark79@hotmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to compile emacs21 so that it looks more like
> emacs20. For example, I don't want to use xaw3dg for the scroll
> bar. and I don't want fringing when using emacs in X.

The configure script allows you to say --without-toolkit-scrollbars
or something similar.

I'm not sure if the fringe width is configurable in Emacs 21.3
already.  If not, then you'll have to wait for the next non-bugfix
version, I'm afraid.

Also see the NEWS file (there is an entry for it in the Help menu)
for things that have changed.  Usually, you'll get the necessary
information to turn it off.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)