all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Clipboard support in console
@ 2003-08-14  8:14 Heiko Gerdau
From: Heiko Gerdau @ 2003-08-14  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

starting emacs with -nw in a console on linux: Is there a way to copy a
region to the x-clipboard without using the mouse?

Thanks for your attention

Heiko

* Re: Clipboard support in console
       [not found] <mailman.408.1060849313.29551.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-08-14 17:30 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-08-14 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 14 2003, Heiko Gerdau wrote:

> starting emacs with -nw in a console on linux: Is there a way to copy a
> region to the x-clipboard without using the mouse?

If there is genuine Emacs-only solution, you may mark the region as
usual and pipe[1] it to "xsel -c"[2].

Bye, Reiner.

[1] `M-|' runs the command shell-command-on-region

[2] <URL:http://www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/~vherva/xsel/>
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Clipboard support in console
@ 2003-08-14 22:41   ` Heiko Gerdau
From: Heiko Gerdau @ 2003-08-14 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday 14 August 2003 19:30, Reiner Steib wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14 2003, Heiko Gerdau wrote:
> > starting emacs with -nw in a console on linux: Is there a way to copy
> > a region to the x-clipboard without using the mouse?
>
> If there is genuine Emacs-only solution, you may mark the region as
> usual and pipe[1] it to "xsel -c"[2].
>
> Bye, Reiner.
>
> [1] `M-|' runs the command shell-command-on-region
>
> [2] <URL:http://www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/~vherva/xsel/>

Very interesting, I've never heard from xsel before. Thanks Reiner.

@ 2003-08-17 16:59 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-08-17 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Heiko Gerdau <hg@technosis.de> writes:

> starting emacs with -nw in a console on linux: Is there a way to copy a
> region to the x-clipboard without using the mouse?

FWIW: it's trivial for emacs *without* "-nw".  So if you don't really
*need* "-nw"...
--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.