all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Add new keyword in Emacs mode
@ 2009-10-07 20:16 Beware
From: Beware @ 2009-10-07 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

following the previous post i wrote, i'm wonder if it's possible to
add new keyword in a mode of emacs.

thanks

* Re: Add new keyword in Emacs mode
@ 2009-10-07 20:46 ` Xah Lee
From: Xah Lee @ 2009-10-07 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Oct 7, 1:16 pm, Beware <mathieu.hed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> following the previous post i wrote, i'm wonder if it's possible to
> add new keyword in a mode of emacs.

which is your previous post? not all read all threads in newsgroup
these days. Best to post the url to groups.google.com

and what you mean by keywords? you want to add words so that keywoard
completion command will expand to your new words?

are you talking about keyword completion in minibuffer? or in a major
lang mode? or minor modes such as ido? also, whether it's in shell,
file name completion, or just computer language's keyword? or user
defined function names?

be specific in your question.

if your question is about in a major mode of a particular language,
and you want keyword completion to work on user defined function, then
you can generate tag files. (i've never used this) Look for the emacs
doc node: (emacs) Tags

if you want to add words to a language mode, you can use a hook and
add to its keyword list... but this depends on the implementation of
the mode.

• How To Implement Keyword Completion in Emacs
  http://xahlee.org/emacs/elisp_keyword_completion.html

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Add new keyword in Emacs mode
@ 2009-10-07 20:57   ` Beware
From: Beware @ 2009-10-07 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 7 oct, 22:46, Xah Lee <xah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 7, 1:16 pm, Beware <mathieu.hed...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > following the previous post i wrote, i'm wonder if it's possible to
> > add new keyword in a mode of emacs.
>
> which is your previous post? not all read all threads in newsgroup
> these days. Best to post the url to groups.google.com
>
> and what you mean by keywords? you want to add words so that keywoard
> completion command will expand to your new words?
>
> are you talking about keyword completion in minibuffer? or in a major
> lang mode? or minor modes such as ido? also, whether it's in shell,
> file name completion, or just computer language's keyword? or user
> defined function names?
>
> be specific in your question.
>
> if your question is about in a major mode of a particular language,
> and you want keyword completion to work on user defined function, then
> you can generate tag files. (i've never used this) Look for the emacs
> doc node: (emacs) Tags
>
> if you want to add words to a language mode, you can use a hook and
> add to its keyword list... but this depends on the implementation of
> the mode.
>
> • How To Implement Keyword Completion in Emacs
>  http://xahlee.org/emacs/elisp_keyword_completion.html
>
>   Xah
> ∑http://xahlee.org/
>
> ☄

Hi,

you'r wright, i forgot the url to my post :
it's here : http://groups.google.fr/group/gnu.emacs.help/browse_thread/thread/602ea705818926ef

Well, i used emacs to produce my VHDL files. In fact, i use a script
to do this. So i indent my code and i uppercase VHDL keywords.

But, in this VHDL Mode, not all keywords are check and done. So i want
to add some new keywords to have all VHDL keywords, i want in
uppercase.

I hope i'm clear now.