all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to write a major mode?
@ 2003-08-21 17:50 Arjan Bos
From: Arjan Bos @ 2003-08-21 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Are there any pointers to documentation that show me how to program my
own major mode? We created our own language with antlr, and of course we
  want it font-locked and indented automatically from within emacs.

1) Which functions do I need to create?
2) Are there any elisp docs out there that could help me with those
function?
3) What is the best way to provide indenting and font-locking?

Is there a small, well documented major-mode that I can use as a basis?

These are a lot of questions. I hope I get answers to them all ;-)

TIA

Arjan Bos