all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Indentation in Text Mode
@ 2003-03-30  3:09 Daniel R. Anderson
From: Daniel R. Anderson @ 2003-03-30  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

	When I write a text file I hit tab and write the rest of the paragraph
while it wraps, and them I press enter.  Instead of letting me tab in
and wrap to the beginning of the next line, emacs instead wraps to the
previous tab.  Is there any way to tell emacs that I want it to let me
format paragraphs with a starting indentation and only a starting
indentation?

Thanks,

Dan

* Re: Indentation in Text Mode
       [not found] <mailman.3843.1048993820.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-03-30 10:11 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-30 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Daniel R. Anderson" <dan@mathjunkies.com> writes:

> When I write a text file I hit tab and write the rest of the
> paragraph while it wraps, and them I press enter.  Instead of
> letting me tab in and wrap to the beginning of the next line, emacs
> instead wraps to the previous tab.  Is there any way to tell emacs
> that I want it to let me format paragraphs with a starting
> indentation and only a starting indentation?

This format is now called indented-text-mode, I think.

* Re: Indentation in Text Mode
@ 2003-03-31 16:16   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2003-03-31 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> When I write a text file I hit tab and write the rest of the
>> paragraph while it wraps, and them I press enter.  Instead of
>> letting me tab in and wrap to the beginning of the next line, emacs
>> instead wraps to the previous tab.  Is there any way to tell emacs
>> that I want it to let me format paragraphs with a starting
>> indentation and only a starting indentation?
> This format is now called indented-text-mode, I think.

I think indented-text-mode is the old name of the current
default text-mode, whereas the new name of the old default
text-mode is paragraph-indent-text-mode.

* Re: Indentation in Text Mode
@ 2003-03-31 20:57     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-31 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu> writes:

> I think indented-text-mode is the old name of the current
> default text-mode, whereas the new name of the old default
> text-mode is paragraph-indent-text-mode.

Thank you.  Excuse me while I bang my head on the wall for a while.