all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to input/display chinese?
@ 2003-01-11 10:59 maddog
From: maddog @ 2003-01-11 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use Emacs under WindowsXP.
When I input chinese, there still have a trouble to display it correctly.
thank you!

* Re: How to input/display chinese?
@ 2003-01-11 21:18 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-11 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

maddog <maddog@163.com> writes:

> I use Emacs under WindowsXP.
> When I input chinese, there still have a trouble to display it correctly.
> thank you!

Can you see Chinese in other applications?

When you type M-x view-hello-file RET, you should see a file with
many different charsets.  Empty boxes mean that you don't have a font
for that charset.  How does it display on your system?
--
Ambibibentists unite!

* Re: How to input/display chinese?
@ 2003-01-12  4:32   ` maddog
From: maddog @ 2003-01-12  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>> I use Emacs under WindowsXP.
>> When I input chinese, there still have a trouble to display it correctly.
>> thank you!

> Can you see Chinese in other applications?

> When you type M-x view-hello-file RET
It's ok when display hello-file.

* Re: How to input/display chinese?
@ 2003-01-12 10:23     ` Alex Schroeder
From: Alex Schroeder @ 2003-01-12 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

maddog <maddog@163.com> writes:

>> Can you see Chinese in other applications?
>> When you type M-x view-hello-file RET
> It's ok when display hello-file.

Now you need to activate an input-method.  Use M-x set-input-method,
or C-x C-m C-\, or the menu Options/Mule (...).

You must choose one of the following.  Which is the recommended one
for you, I do not know.

Possible completions are:
chinese-4corner			   chinese-array30
chinese-b5-quick		   chinese-b5-tsangchi
chinese-ccdospy			   chinese-cns-quick
chinese-cns-tsangchi		   chinese-ctlau
chinese-ctlaub			   chinese-ecdict
chinese-etzy			   chinese-punct
chinese-punct-b5		   chinese-py
chinese-py-b5			   chinese-py-punct
chinese-py-punct-b5		   chinese-qj
chinese-qj-b5			   chinese-sw
chinese-tonepy			   chinese-tonepy-punct
chinese-ziranma			   chinese-zozy

You can start by using M-x describe-input-method or C-h I and read
through the descriptions for the input methods.

Alex.

* Re: How to input/display chinese?
@ 2003-01-12 15:31     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-12 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

maddog <maddog@163.com> writes:

> kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>>> I use Emacs under WindowsXP.
>>> When I input chinese, there still have a trouble to display it correctly.
>>> thank you!
>
>> Can you see Chinese in other applications?
>
>> When you type M-x view-hello-file RET
> It's ok when display hello-file.

Hm.  Start Emacs with "emacs -q -no-site-file" and then type
Chinese.  Does it still not display correctly?

If the display is still wrong, please describe what you do and what
you see.

If the display is correct with "emacs -q -no-site-file", then there
is a bug in the Emacs init files.
--
Ambibibentists unite!

* Re: How to input/display chinese?
@ 2003-01-13 10:20       ` maddog
From: maddog @ 2003-01-13 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:
> If the display is correct with "emacs -q -no-site-file", then there
> is a bug in the Emacs init files.
Thanks for all!
It's ok now. I edit my dotemacs file and such features:
1. set chinese-gb language environment and gb2312 charset;
2. binding chinese-8bit keyboarding system;
3. and leim package.
4. set windowsXP's system fonts alias.
Now, Emacs can input/display chinese correctly,
and I can select input method by Ctrl-\ and windows system's input service.