all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Fwd: Hideously slow VC status queries fixed
       [not found] <0417CC6B-24CD-48D5-96F9-12D8663FCC8D@mac.com>
@ 2007-12-27  6:25 ` Alexandru Harsanyi
From: Alexandru Harsanyi @ 2007-12-27  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel

I meant to send this message to the Emacs-Devel list.

Alex.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Alexandru Harsanyi <harsanyi@mac.com>
> Date: 27 December 2007 3:24:30 PM
> To: Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com>
> Subject: Re: Hideously slow VC status queries fixed
>
> On 27 Dec 2007, at 9:11 AM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>
>> It gives me great pleasure to be able to announce that I have found,
>> and fixed, the bug that made C-x v d so godawful much slower than the
>> underlying commands.
>
> One interesting side effect of the current behavior is that it
> handles directories with multiple version controlled backends.
> Consider this hierarhcy:
>
> ~/projects           # not version controlled
> ~/projects/p1        # a project under CVS
> ~/projects/p1/tests  # some files here under RCS
> ~/projects/p2        # a project under RCS
>
> Now, C-x v d in the ~/projects directory will list all modified
> files below ~/projects regardles of the BACKEND used for them.
>
> If I understand your fix corectly, this behaviour is no longer
> supported and a C-x v d in the projects directory will not do
> antything, since ~/projects is not registeded with any backend.
>
> Best Regards,
> Alex.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-12-27  6:25 UTC | newest]