all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Full path
@ 2003-01-15 10:13 Dr. F.C.Caner
From: Dr. F.C.Caner @ 2003-01-15 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone,

I wonder how I can display the full path of the file current buffer is
visiting in the window title bar. I am using Emacs-21.2 under Windows
XP.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. F.C.Caner

* Re: Full path
@ 2003-01-15 10:50 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-15 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

ferhun_caner@yahoo.com (Dr. F.C.Caner) writes:

> I wonder how I can display the full path of the file current buffer is
> visiting in the window title bar. I am using Emacs-21.2 under Windows
> XP.

Investigate the variable frame-title-format.  For example,

(setq frame-title-format "%f")

This will not work well because some buffers don't have files.  Hm.
Maybe this?

(setq frame-title-format
      '((buffer-file-name "%f - ") "%b"))

This will show (I hope) the filename and the buffer name for files,
and just the buffer name for non-file buffers.

--
Ambibibentists unite!

* Full path
@ 2003-01-15 11:13 Dr. F.C.Caner
From: Dr. F.C.Caner @ 2003-01-15 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai: Thanks a lot, it works!

Ferhun.

* Re: Full path
@ 2003-01-15 17:40 ` Peter Lee
From: Peter Lee @ 2003-01-15 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

ferhun_caner@yahoo.com (Dr. F.C.Caner) writes:

> Kai: Thanks a lot, it works!

What was the solution to this?  I'm not showing Kai's response.

* Re: Full path
@ 2003-01-15 21:42   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-15 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Lee <spam@nospam.org> writes:

> ferhun_caner@yahoo.com (Dr. F.C.Caner) writes:
>
>> Kai: Thanks a lot, it works!
>
> What was the solution to this?  I'm not showing Kai's response.

Investigate the variable frame-title-format.  Maybe this works:

(setq frame-title-format '((buffer-file-name "%f - ") "%b"))

This means to use buffer-file-name plus a space and a minus and
another space when available, and the buffer name in all cases.

--
Ambibibentists unite!