all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Add items to TeX-font-list
@ 2003-02-07 17:19 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-02-07 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a document where it is convenient to add some items to
TeX-font-list.  Is there a way to do this for a document (which may
consist of more than one file)?

I've tried to add `eval' entries in a Local Variables block in the
master file which do (add-to-list 'TeX-font-list ...).

My document does \usepackage{nifty-macros} (where the
nifty-macros.sty for the most part consists of kludgy macros), so I
created a file style/nifty-macros.el which does

(TeX-add-style-hook
 "kg-thesis-macros"
 (lambda ()
   (add-to-list 'TeX-font-list (list ?d "\\DefTerm{" "}"))))

amongst other things.  Actually, the lambda contains more statements,
so I'm sure that it is executed.

But the only thing that works, in the end, is to add a Local
Variables block to each file.

But I would prefer something which works on a per-document basis.

Ideas?
--
A turnip curses Elvis