all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs20 and font
@ 2003-04-09 19:09 Bruce Park
From: Bruce Park @ 2003-04-09 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

  I'm experiencing a bug problem with emacs20.7 and I was hoping that
someone could help me out here.
  The problem is that my font in emacs becomes "double height" after I
launch a Java GUI application. The problem can be clearly seen at:
http://rplaca.cs.qc.edu/~bpark/weird.jpg
  I'm using debian linux and I am using font lucidasanstypewriter-12. I've
tried using all different sizes for this font and ONLY this font seems to
have this problem. Other fonts in /etc/X11/fonts/75dpi/xfonts-alias does NOT
have these problems.
  Does anyone have any ideas?

bp

* Re: emacs20 and font
       [not found] <mailman.4367.1049915752.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-04-09 19:41 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-09 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Bruce Park" <bpark79@hotmail.com> writes:

>   Does anyone have any ideas?

Known problem.  Fixed in Emacs 21, AFAIK.

The problem is that Emacs tries to find an italic font for your font
and that causes it to display all lines in a different size.  I think.

Does it help to use another name for that font?  You could "xlsfonts"
from a shell and then use the
-long-font-name-with-lotsa-dashes-but-no-asterisks.