all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Colors revert to default in new frame
@ 2007-01-16 18:29 dvandyck
From: dvandyck @ 2007-01-16 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I used customization to change some colors from font lock and selection.

They work fine in the initial frame, but when I create a new frame they
revert to their defaults, while others remain the way I set them.

How can I tell emacs I want the colors I customized in ALL frames?

thanks

Dries

P.S. I run Emacs.app version 23 on Mac OS X

* Re: Colors revert to default in new frame
@ 2007-01-17  0:37 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-01-17  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Help-gnu-emacs

Am 16.01.2007 um 19:29 schrieb dvandyck:

> P.S. I run Emacs.app version 23 on Mac OS X

This is definitely the wrong list! Some members write it's only for
ancient and recent versions of GNU Emacs and not the futuristic
ones ... and there is:

(mostly Carbon versions) and there is also <mailto:emacs-app-dev-
@lists.sourceforge.net> ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"
                      origin unknown

* Re: Colors revert to default in new frame
@ 2007-01-19  7:19 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2007-01-19  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

dvandyck wrote:
> I used customization to change some colors from font lock and selection.
>
> They work fine in the initial frame, but when I create a new frame they
> revert to their defaults, while others remain the way I set them.
>
> How can I tell emacs I want the colors I customized in ALL frames?
> P.S. I run Emacs.app version 23 on Mac OS X

I'm using Emacs 22.0.92 on Mac OS X, but there is no customize-color
command so I don't know what you mean.  Exactly how do you customize
the colors?  Does the problem occur if you start Emacs with the -Q
command line option?

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA

* Re: Colors revert to default in new frame
@ 2007-01-19  7:26   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-01-19  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2007-01-19, Kevin Rodgers said:

> I'm using Emacs 22.0.92 on Mac OS X, but there is no customize-color
> command so I don't know what you mean.  Exactly how do you customize
> the colors?  Does the problem occur if you start Emacs with the -Q
> command line option?

I believe face 'scroll-bar' has such problem. I have reported here:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.pretest.bugs/16450

* Re: Colors revert to default in new frame
@ 2007-01-19 10:02   ` dvandyck
From: dvandyck @ 2007-01-19 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Rodgers-2 wrote:

> dvandyck wrote:
>> I used customization to change some colors from font lock and selection.
>>
>> They work fine in the initial frame, but when I create a new frame they
>> revert to their defaults, while others remain the way I set them.
>>
>> How can I tell emacs I want the colors I customized in ALL frames?
>> P.S. I run Emacs.app version 23 on Mac OS X
>
> I'm using Emacs 22.0.92 on Mac OS X, but there is no customize-color
> command so I don't know what you mean.  Exactly how do you customize
> the colors?  Does the problem occur if you start Emacs with the -Q
> command line option?

I got there through "Customize->Faces->Font-lock" and soforth. If I start it
with -Q option I get again the default colors and they always stick.

One of the developers mailed me the solution: on this Mac Version you have
to drag your colors onto the faces you want to change from the color window
you get from "Windows->Color". To change the background you use shift-drag.
After you're done, you select "Options->Save Options" and then the colors
stick -- at last.

Nevertheless, thanks for your input and time

Dries.