And finally: I noticed another independent bug ("text-scale issue"), i.e. most ruler's mouse operation have wrong offset if you adjust text scale (C-x C-+). If anyone reading is interested to help, here's a proposed action plan: - may you please try to play with patch1, and give advice if it could be acceptable for a commit - I guess that patch2 is unacceptable (BTW it changes the definition of ruler-mode-window-col, I assumed that ruler-mode.el is the only program calling it) but it's the best I could squeeze out of my head... any help or constructive criticism is welcome :) - be aware of the "text-scale" issue but don't test for it; it seems a totally independent issue so I'd rather send another bug report for it Thanks for your attention, kindest regards. Andrea