all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to use WebDAV instead of FTP from Emacs?
@ 2003-08-12 21:12 Siegfried Heintze
From: Siegfried Heintze @ 2003-08-12 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Repeat question: How to use WebDAV instead of FTP from Emacs?

I apologize, I've had ISP problems switching from Comcast cable to DSL.

I first posted a query about using WebDAV instead of FTP from emacs several
weeks ago and received a response that it was implemented in an emacs
package.

I posted a response wanting to know where to get this package, if it was
already part of the standard distribution.

When I did not see a response I posted again. Sometimes my posts don't stick
and because I've had ISP trouble I don't know if it rolled off the end
because I did not get back soon enough or it never made it to the server.

            Siegfried

* Re: How to use WebDAV instead of FTP from Emacs?
@ 2003-08-17 17:07 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-08-17 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried@heintze.com> writes:

> I first posted a query about using WebDAV instead of FTP from emacs several
> weeks ago and received a response that it was implemented in an emacs
> package.
>
> I posted a response wanting to know where to get this package, if it was
> already part of the standard distribution.

There is a "url" project on savannah.gnu.org.  Download and install
it according to the instructions and then see the file
url-handlers.el which is part of this project.
--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.