all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#1569: 23.0.60; Newsticker TreeView, N key not working properly
@ 2008-12-14  3:30 poppyer
From: poppyer @ 2008-12-14  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-pretest-bug

In the Newsticker TreeView(buffer *Newsticker Tree*), type N key would
not locate the next-new-or-immortal-iterm directly. Instead, we have
to first move cursor to the virtual folder which contains new items,
while there is not simple way to do so.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.5.0, NS
 apple-appkit-949.35) of 2008-12-11 on neutron.local Windowing system
 distributor `Apple', version
 97.112.112.108.101.45.97.112.112.107.105.116.45.57.52.57.46.51.53
 configured using `configure '--with-ns''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Newsticker TV

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-log-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-sel-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  pinbar-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-g n n RET SPC n n q n p n n n n n n p p p RET SPC
n q C-c C-@ C-c C-@ C-c C-@ C-c C-@ C-r p o p p y e
r C-r ESC > C-l ESC 1 n n n p p p p RET SPC n C-p SPC
q ESC x n e w s C-p C-p RET N N C-n N N N N N N C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-p C-p N N N C-h k N C-x o C-x
o N N C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f
C-p C-p C-p C-f RET N N N N N N N C-n RET N N C-n C-n
N C-n C-n RET N N C-n RET N N N N N N N C-n C-n RET
ESC < ESC x s u b m i TAB TAB ESC DEL ESC DEL n e w
s TAB TAB C-x o C-x o C-s b u g C-a C-x o C-x o ESC
DEL TAB C-x o C-x o C-s b u g C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-x o C-x o b u g TAB TAB
ESC DEL ESC DEL s u DEL DEL TAB C-x o C-x o C-s b u
g - r e p o r t C-s C-s C-s C-s ESC > ESC < C-s r e
p o r t C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s
C-s C-x o C-x o r e p o TAB r TAB RET

Recent messages:
Reading [text/xml;charset=UTF-8]... 71k of 84k (85%)
Reading [application/rss+xml]... 9k of 9k (100%)
Reading... done.
Reading [text/xml;charset=UTF-8]... 84k of 84k (100%)
Reading... done.
feeds.macosxhints.com tried to set a cookie for domain pheedo.com - rejected.
Type "q" to restore this window, C-v to scroll help.
Auto-saving...done
Mark set
Making completion list... [5 times]

* bug#1569: 23.0.60; Newsticker TreeView, N key not working properly
@ 2008-12-20  7:28 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-12-20  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ulf Jasper; +Cc: poppyer, 1569

Could you take a look at this bug?  Thanks.

@ 2008-12-20  8:01 ` Ulf Jasper
From: Ulf Jasper @ 2008-12-20  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poppyer; +Cc: 1569

poppyer <poppyer@gmail.com> writes:

> In the Newsticker TreeView(buffer *Newsticker Tree*), type N key would
> not locate the next-new-or-immortal-iterm directly. Instead, we have
> to first move cursor to the virtual folder which contains new items,
> while there is not simple way to do so.

I cannot reproduce this problem.

Typing N will move to the next new or immortal item of the current news
feed only. It will not move to an item of a different feed.

Do keys f and F for moving between feeds work? Do keys p and P for
moving between items work?

--
Klicken Sie HIER und Sie erhalten vier Dosen umsonst

* bug#1569: 23.0.60; Newsticker TreeView, N key not working properly
@ 2008-12-20 10:35   ` poppyer
From: poppyer @ 2008-12-20 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ulf Jasper; +Cc: 1569

Ulf Jasper <ulf.jasper@web.de> writes:

> poppyer <poppyer@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> In the Newsticker TreeView(buffer *Newsticker Tree*), type N key would
>> not locate the next-new-or-immortal-iterm directly. Instead, we have
>> to first move cursor to the virtual folder which contains new items,
>> while there is not simple way to do so.
>
> I cannot reproduce this problem.
>
> Typing N will move to the next new or immortal item of the current news
> feed only. It will not move to an item of a different feed.
>
> Do keys f and F for moving between feeds work? Do keys p and P for
> moving between items work?

I see, but in this case, there would be no easy way to locate a feed
with new items? If you have many feeds, but only a few of them has new
items, to use f/p would be quite troublesome. And also, the behavior of
key N would be inconsistent with plainview, where key N can locate next
new items of different feed.

* bug#1569: 23.0.60; Newsticker TreeView, N key not working properly
@ 2008-12-20 18:28     ` Ulf Jasper
From: Ulf Jasper @ 2008-12-20 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poppyer; +Cc: 1569

poppyer <poppyer@gmail.com> writes:
> I see, but in this case, there would be no easy way to locate a feed
> with new items? If you have many feeds, but only a few of them has new
> items, to use f/p would be quite troublesome. And also, the behavior of
> key N would be inconsistent with plainview, where key N can locate next
> new items of different feed.

Agree. I shall change the behaviour of N and P to move to different
feeds if necessary.

--

@ 2009-01-22 20:41       ` Ulf Jasper
From: Ulf Jasper @ 2009-01-22 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poppyer; +Cc: 1569

Ulf Jasper <ulf.jasper@web.de> writes:
> Agree. I shall change the behaviour of N and P to move to different
> feeds if necessary.

Fixed. Please try.