Amazing, exactly like I wanted. One problem though. I saved some contents in a register. but the contents of the register are gone in the reopened emacs. Is this a bug or is there a workaround for this ? Thanks. --- On Sat, 11/8/08, Eli Zaretskii wrote: From: Eli Zaretskii Subject: Re: Is there anyway to save workspace so that we don't have reopen 10s of files again ? To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org Date: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 8:26 PM > Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 06:36:25 -0800 (PST) > From: Maindoor > > Whenever I have to reboot, I'm really sad that all my register contents, > all the files that are opened all have to be closed. I want to be able to > get back and have all the files open exactly as I left them. Lots of editors > have this functionality. Does emacs have this ? Yes, Emacs has this too. You want "M-x desktop-save RET" before leaving Emacs and desktop-red after you restart it.