all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gdb
@ 2010-04-06 22:08 Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2010-04-06 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In etc/DEBUG, it says, ``It is a good idea to run Emacs under GDB
... *all the time*.''

It appears that I ought to reconfigure, this time with --no-opt and
-fnocrossjumping; that I'll then start starting Emacs in src/ (which
means I don't really need to make install?) and, finally, um, I won't be
using the shortcut to start GDB & Emacs (or can the command be entered
there to do so?).

I've been bouncing around documentation (FAQ, GDB & Emacs info,
emacswiki ... the archives, anyway) and don't really see an example of
how one `runs Emacs under GDB all the time.'