all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Need help with finding the distribution with  source code
       [not found] <377289367.822117.1549717199077.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2019-02-09 12:59 ` Eugene Loughlin (Yahoo)
From: Eugene Loughlin (Yahoo) @ 2019-02-09 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: Eugene L Loughlin

Hello Gnu guys,

I am trying to get the source code for Emacs 26.1, the MS-Windows version. Is it available? Where can I find it?

Many thanks in advance.

Eugene in Philly

* Re: Need help with finding the distribution with  source code
@ 2019-02-09 15:11   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-02-09 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 12:59:59 +0000 (UTC)
> From: "Eugene Loughlin (Yahoo)" <eloughli@yahoo.com>
> Cc: Eugene L Loughlin <eloughli@yahoo.com>
>
> I am trying to get the source code for Emacs 26.1, the MS-Windows version. Is it available? Where can I find it?

It's the stock Emacs 26.1 source, you can find it on the GNU FTP site.

* Re: Need help with finding the distribution with  source code
@ 2019-02-09 15:22     ` jonetsu
From: jonetsu @ 2019-02-09 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 17:11:25 +0200
Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> It's the stock Emacs 26.1 source, you can find it on the GNU FTP site.

Is there a difference between that site and Savannah ?

Cheers.

* Re: Need help with finding the distribution with  source code
@ 2019-02-09 15:28       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-02-09 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 10:22:50 -0500
> From: jonetsu <jonetsu@teksavvy.com>
>
> On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 17:11:25 +0200
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > It's the stock Emacs 26.1 source, you can find it on the GNU FTP site.
>
> Is there a difference between that site and Savannah ?

It's a different IP address.  But how is this relevant to the original
question?

* Re: Need help with finding the distribution with  source code
@ 2019-02-09 15:32         ` jonetsu
From: jonetsu @ 2019-02-09 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 17:28:22 +0200
Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> It's a different IP address.  But how is this relevant to the original
> question?

Just wondering.  When one does a search, one can find Savannah as a
source for the emacs code.  Which was my case.  So I was wondering if
there was any difference.

* Re: Need help with finding the distribution with  source code
@ 2019-02-09 15:50           ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-02-09 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 10:32:55 -0500
> From: jonetsu <jonetsu@teksavvy.com>
>
> On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 17:28:22 +0200
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > It's a different IP address.  But how is this relevant to the original
> > question?
>
> Just wondering.  When one does a search, one can find Savannah as a
> source for the emacs code.  Which was my case.  So I was wondering if
> there was any difference.

Savannah is where you get the latest development code, not the
official releases.  If you click the Download link on Savannah, it
takes you to ftp.gnu.org.