all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Good first issues to contribute
@ 2020-09-05  5:41 Arunesh Pandey
From: Arunesh Pandey @ 2020-09-05  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Is there a way I can find a set of good first issues that I can contribute
to?

Arunesh

* Re: Good first issues to contribute
@ 2020-09-05  6:37 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2020-09-05  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arunesh Pandey; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Arunesh Pandey <aruneshpa@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 22:41:52 -0700
>
> Is there a way I can find a set of good first issues that I can contribute to?

Thank you for your interest in Emacs.

You can find some ideas in the etc/TODO file that is part of the Emacs
tree.

* Re: Good first issues to contribute
@ 2020-09-05  9:18 ` Daniel Martín
From: Daniel Martín @ 2020-09-05  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arunesh Pandey; +Cc: emacs-devel

Arunesh Pandey <aruneshpa@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> Is there a way I can find a set of good first issues that I can contribute to?

Thanks for your interest in contributing to Emacs.

You could also check the GNU Bug Tracker and filter for bugs that affect
Emacs and are tagged with "easy", for example:

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?include=tags%3Aeasy;package=emacs

--
Daniel Martín

* Re: Good first issues to contribute
@ 2020-09-06  3:54 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2020-09-06  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arunesh Pandey; +Cc: emacs-devel

  > Is there a way I can find a set of good first issues that I can contribute
  > to?

Pick some GNU package that interests you, look for a bug
or a feature request, and try to DTRT.

--
Dr Richard Stallman