all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* about bug#232: 25.0.92; cua-mode inhibits deactivate-region-hook
@ 2016-04-10  9:47 Thomas Frössman
From: Thomas Frössman @ 2016-04-10  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

First I'm not sure if you prefer me to post to the bug or the mailing list
so please tell me if I should restrict myself to the bugs list instead..

Anyway, I think that it's an actual bug with cua-mode or something because
the deactivate-mark-hook isn't fired when the region is removed, repeated
pressing of C-g doesn't fire it either.
It's also a consistent behavior, when cua-mode is active the
deactivate-mark hook is not fired

(by using git blame) I noticed that there was a change in September last
year or something which modifies some bits about how cua-mode handles the
mark.

Please tell me if I'm wrong or if there is some additional digging I should
do to further diagnose this issue..

--
Thomas Frössman
http://t.jossystem.se

* Re: about bug#232: 25.0.92; cua-mode inhibits deactivate-region-hook
@ 2016-04-10 14:56 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-04-10 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Frössman; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Thomas Frössman <thomasf@jossystem.se>
> Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 11:47:44 +0200
>
> First I'm not sure if you prefer me to post to the bug or the mailing list so please tell me if I should restrict
> myself to the bugs list instead..

To the bug list, using "M-x report-emacs-bug RET", please.

> Anyway, I think that it's an actual bug with cua-mode or something because the deactivate-mark-hook isn't
> fired when the region is removed, repeated pressing of C-g doesn't fire it either.
>
> It's also a consistent behavior, when cua-mode is active the deactivate-mark hook is not fired
>
> (by using git blame) I noticed that there was a change in September last year or something which modifies
> some bits about how cua-mode handles the mark.
>
> Please tell me if I'm wrong or if there is some additional digging I should do to further diagnose this issue..

Could you perhaps include in your bug report the details about how it
worked in previous versions of Emacs?  If it worked correctly in some
older version, could you please tell in which one, and what was the
behavior?

Thanks.