all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs opens a file on startup - I cant figure out why??
@ 2016-09-07 17:36 Shlomi Vaknin
From: Shlomi Vaknin @ 2016-09-07 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello all,

I love to live in my emacs, and recently the strangest thing has happened
to me.. While messing around with emacs, compiling it, messing with its
configuration etc, I opened some file, and now that file buffer simply wont
go away.. :P

I have completly removed .emacs.d directory, completly reinstalled emacs, I
am starting emacs like this:

emacs -q --no-init-file  --no-desktop

But still, the moment emacs is open, it opens this buffer! I tried to
find/grep everywhere I could think of for that file name, but nothing comes
up.... Nothing useful in *Messages* either.. Where could this come from?

Any ideas???

Thanks,
Shlomi