all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs edt emulation
@ 2016-11-24 23:21 scalbers
From: scalbers @ 2016-11-24 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

While I used to use the TPU EDT emulation, this seems to be deprecated in the latest GNU emacs. Is this still available anywhere?

As a result I'm presently using the edt emulation directly. This works for most keys, except that the space bar isn't working. Is there a way to restore this while using the edt emulation? I'm running emacs on a Mac.

* Re: emacs edt emulation
@ 2016-11-25  7:20 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-11-25  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 15:21:34 -0800 (PST)
> From: scalbers@webtv.net
>
> While I used to use the TPU EDT emulation, this seems to be deprecated in the latest GNU emacs. Is this still available anywhere?

It's deprecated, but it's still available in the distribution, and you
should be able to use it.  If you have trouble with that, post the
details.

The way to change the maintainers' decisions about deprecation of some
package is to report its active usage, so that is also something you
could do to influence the future of this emulator.

> As a result I'm presently using the edt emulation directly. This works for most keys, except that the space bar isn't working. Is there a way to restore this while using the edt emulation? I'm running emacs on a Mac.

I'd suggest to file a bug report about this with all the details.  Use
"M-x report-emacs-bug RET".

Thanks.