Greetings, I wanted to build the latest bzr trunk version of Emacs for Windows but soon realized that the makefiles and the configure process have lots of problems. I'm attaching four patches that fix enough of the problems that building and installing with a modern Cygwin (I'm talking about building and installing a native Windows binary, not a Cygwin one) works now. Mingw/MSYS remains broken (I started to fix that too but got disgusted by MSYS' automatic path conversion that cannot even be toggled off, and decided not to continue). Visual C++/nmake combination is broken too but the first problems I faced were not related to the build system but Visual Studio .NET 2003's inability to compile the code (some missing types, use of inline keyword). Perhaps later versions work better. I'll try that when I get my hands on one. The patches were generated with git format-patch (and thus include commit messages that provide information about what was done) but they can be applied with "patch -p1" to a Bazaar repository. They are as attachments because some of them change line endings from CRLF to LF and I'm hoping to avoid any screwups with that. In case you find them useful, note that I haven't signed papers with FSF (I'm hoping I don't have to, as the majority of the changes are rather systematic search&replace operations). Hannu