all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Faking an active region
@ 2011-09-03 16:09 Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2011-09-03 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am writing a minor mode in which I want to remap `undo' to ALWAYS act
as if a specific region was active and transient-mark-mode was on.

So how would I go about "faking" this active region in Emacs Lisp?  This
is what I have so far:

(define-key map [remap undo] 'nima-undo-undo)

(defun nima-undo-undo ()
   (interactive)
   (let ((transient-mark-mode t))
     (push-mark nima-prompt-end t t) ;; a marker
     (goto-char (point-max))
     (undo)))

This doesn't work, and I'm not surprised because I feel like I'm just
throwing everything I can find at this problem right now.

Thanks in advance,
Deniz