all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Checking copyright assignments
@ 2016-09-28 16:56 Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2016-09-28 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Development

Hello,

it seems I need to commit patches for other people from time to time.
To do that, I need to check whether they have signed the copyright
papers.  I searched a long time for where I can check that.  I did find
nothing in the Emacs sources.  I quickly had a look at the savannah
pages, but didn't find something.  Then I used internet search, and the
only hint I found was in:

  https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Papers.html

| To check whether papers have been received, look in
| /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list. If you can’t look there directly,
| fsf-records@gnu.org can check for you. Our clerk can also check for
| papers that are waiting to be entered and inform you when expected
| papers arrive.

I don't understand the "look in /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list" part - what
does that mean?  I tried to visit

  https://www.gnu.org/gd/gnuorg/copyright.list

but got 404.

How to do it right?  And finally: was my searching too dumb, or is this
information really not that easy to find?

Thanks,

Michael.

* Re: Checking copyright assignments
@ 2016-09-28 18:37 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2016-09-28 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen; +Cc: Emacs Development

HM> I don't understand the "look in /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list" part - what
MH> does that mean? I tried to visit

HM>   https://www.gnu.org/gd/gnuorg/copyright.list

HM> but got 404.

HM> How to do it right? And finally: was my searching too dumb, or is this
HM> information really not that easy to find?

It's on the fencepost.gnu.org server, under the path:

    /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list

* Re: Checking copyright assignments
@ 2016-09-28 18:43   ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2016-09-28 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Development

John Wiegley <jwiegley@gmail.com> writes:

> It's on the fencepost.gnu.org server, under the path:
>
>     /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list

Thanks.  Hmm, so I visited

    http://fencepost.gnu.org/gd/gnuorg/copyright.list

in chromium.  Chromium froze for half a minute, then downloaded an empty
file.  `eww' just showed an empty page.

@ 2016-09-28 19:32     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2016-09-28 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

>> It's on the fencepost.gnu.org server, under the path:
>> /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list
> Thanks.  Hmm, so I visited
>     http://fencepost.gnu.org/gd/gnuorg/copyright.list

fencepost is accessible via SSH (only, AFAIK) and only to people who
have an account.  My understanding is that the copyright list is not
available publicly for the usual privacy reasons.

* Re: Checking copyright assignments
@ 2016-09-28 20:07 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-09-28 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen; +Cc: emacs-devel