all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* What kind of C++ coding style?
@ 2009-10-26  3:02 Water Lin
       [not found] ` <mailman.9491.1256554593.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Water Lin @ 2009-10-26  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am using Emacs to edit C++ code, but right now the default C++ coding
style of my Emacs is very strange which has just two blank space for
each line.

So, I want to know which kind of C++ coding style is good for Emacs? Any
elisp file?

Thanks

Water Lin

--
Water Lin's notes and pencils: http://en.waterlin.org
Email: WaterLin@ymail.com

* Re: What kind of C++ coding style?
@ 2009-10-26 10:56 ` Jeff Clough
       [not found] ` <mailman.9491.1256554593.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jeff Clough @ 2009-10-26 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

From: Water Lin <WaterLin@ymail.invalid>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:02:59 +0800

> I am using Emacs to edit C++ code, but right now the default C++ coding
> style of my Emacs is very strange which has just two blank space for
> each line.

If this is unacceptable, you can set the variable c-basic-offset to
the number of columns you want.

;; Use mod-4 indent in C modes
(setq c-basic-offset 4)

> So, I want to know which kind of C++ coding style is good for Emacs? Any
> elisp file?

I'm not sure what you are asking for here.  If you are talking about
how the code looks on your screen, tell us what isn't doing what you
want it to and we can point you in the right direction.

Jeff

----------
Author of the Genesys System
A "free" universal role-playing game.
http://www.chaosphere.com/genesys/

@ 2009-10-27  2:24   ` Water Lin
From: Water Lin @ 2009-10-27  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jeff Clough <jeff@chaosphere.com> writes:

> From: Water Lin <WaterLin@ymail.invalid>
> Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:02:59 +0800
>
>> I am using Emacs to edit C++ code, but right now the default C++ coding
>> style of my Emacs is very strange which has just two blank space for
>> each line.
>
> If this is unacceptable, you can set the variable c-basic-offset to
> the number of columns you want.
>
> ;; Use mod-4 indent in C modes
> (setq c-basic-offset 4)

OK, I will try it.

>> So, I want to know which kind of C++ coding style is good for Emacs? Any
>> elisp file?
>
> I'm not sure what you are asking for here.  If you are talking about
> how the code looks on your screen, tell us what isn't doing what you
> want it to and we can point you in the right direction.

Thanks. Looks that we need to maintain the code style ourselves.

Water Lin