all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Trouble saving to the emacs file dir under Windows
@ 2016-06-13  1:26 Davin Pearson
       [not found] ` <mailman.1408.1465789707.1216.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Davin Pearson @ 2016-06-13  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

This post is slightly off topic but I am stuck and I see no way around it.

I am trying to get write access to the Emacs file dir under the MS Windows operating system.

Here is the output of the chmod command:

c:\Program Files (x86)\emacs-24.5\share\info>chmod 666 dir
chmod: changing permissions of 'dir': Permission denied

What gives?  How do I go about getting write access to the file "dir"?